THE IMPORTANCE OF LOW-COST ENERGY STORAGE
- Required for increased wind and solar uptake.
Increased power reliability for our regions.
- Improved electricity reliability.
- Providing energy when demand requires in a grid friendly way.
- Hydrogen as a chemical battery and renewable energy intermediary, promotes greater energy system control.
- Allows a phase-shift (days to months) between generation and consumption of energy.
BENEFITS OF SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
Users of the NETAS technology can use energy their way; without constraint.
Make use of low-cost renewables, without the increased grid costs.
Power system operators can control load as needed, without impacting user energy needs.
NETAS system operation will mean never getting lumped with peak tariff electricity prices again.
BALANCING EFFICIENCY WITH RELIABILITY
Despite higher round-trip efficiency with electrification, the NETAS system supports greater electricity management.
294 kWh-e of electrical energy storage results in one NETAS having the load storage effect of 22 Tesla Powerwalls.
Vehicle to Grid (V2G) with hydrogen facilitates energy independence and extends PEM FC life through continued nafion hydration.